May 2, 2010

Craigslist: "DIECAST CARS TRUCKS SUV's HUGE COLLECTION - $1"

Wow, this post in the collectibles section of the New Orleans Craigslist is remarkable.

Calling all diecast car collectors!

DIECAST CARS TRUCKS SUV's HUGE COLLECTION - $1
---------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-05-01, 9:53 AM CDT
Reply to: sale-reven-1719265788@craigslist.org
---------------------------------------------------------

"I AM AN OLD MAN THAT HAS COLLECTED DIECAST CARS, TRUCKS AND SUV'S FOR OVER 40 YEARS. THERE ARE ABOUT 423 OF MOSTLY 1:18 SCALE 50'S, 60'S AND 70'S. I AM PARTIAL TO AMERICAN MAKES (FORD, GM, CHRYSLER) SO THAT MAKES UP MOST OF THE COLLECTION, EVEN THOUGH I DID BUY SOME FOREIGN ONES.

"I HAVE WELL OVER $10,000.00 INVESTED, BUT NEED TO DISPOSE OF THE COLLECTION SO I CAN HIT THE ROAD IN A TRAVEL TRAILER, SO I AM WILLING TO DEAL. I WOULD PREFER TO SELL THE COLLECTION AS A WHOLE, BUT WOULD ENTERTAIN INDIVIDUAL SALES. THE PRICE PER UNIT WILL DEPEND ON ITS WORTH AND HOW MANY YOU BUY.

"I HAVE SOME DISPLAYED AND SOME ARE STILL IN THE BOXES. I DO HAVE THE ORIGINAL BOXES FOR 95% OF THE DISPLAYED UNITS. ALL UNITS ARE IN VERY, VERY NICE CONDITION, STORED AND DISPLAYED IN A SMOKE-FREE, PET-FREE, CLIMATE CONTROLLED HOME. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT OVER THE YEARS AN ANTENNA, PIECE OF MOLDING, SIDE MIRROR, ETC. MAY HAVE BECOME LOOSE OR BEEN LOST. I CAN SEND YOU A PICTURE OF THE ONES YOU ARE INTERESTED IN.

"I DO HAVE A LIST OF ALL OF THE COLLECTION AND CAN EMAIL THAT TO YOU.

"THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE SALE (EVERYTHING GOES). I ACCEPT PAYPAL AND CASH. POSTAGE WILL BE ADDED TO PRICE IF YOU WANT MAILED.

"IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT gr8trax@aol.com. PUT 'CARS' IN THE SUBJECT LINE OR I WILL NOT RESPOND. OR CALL ME AT 504 298 156five FOR A FASTER RESPONSE OR TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT TO VIEW. THANKS!!"

• Location: EAST BATON ROUGE, LA

[Both photos above are from the original Craigslist posting.]

No comments:

 
UA-2115301-1